Mystery Shopping – a tool of evaluating quality of service
Via employee evaluation surveys you obtain information about:
- How customers are greeted and treated;
- Keeping the service standard;
- Applying selling techniques (cross-selling, up-selling);
- Promoting the image of the company and of products/services;
- Level of knowledge of the assortment of products and characteristics of the product.
Who evaluates quality service?
Mystery shoppers may be:
- Students, employees, retirees;
- Married, singles, couples, parents;
- Persons from various social classes;
- Women and men of all ages.
Their profile varies according to the specifics of the survey.
We have a database of more than 300 mystery customers.
In what domains may the quality of service be evaluated?
Companies, the personnel of which interact directly or indirectly with customers:
- Online shops
- Travel agencies
- Insurance companies
- Gas station networks
- Specialized stores
- Auto showrooms etc.
How do we report results in service quality?
The results of the survey are presented on an online platform:
- Detailed description of each visit with impressions and comments of the mystery customers;
- Access to personalized reports 24/24, per each subsidiary or employee in part;
- Results on the online platform with secure access and limited at level of user.
A good customer experience generates loyal customers. Why is it important to have loyal customers? A loyal customer will always buy the favorite product, even if it is more expensive than the product of another brand, then he/she will recommend it to others.
CXI – the index which measures the customer experience level
CXI answers a number of questions from the customer point of view:
- How effective is your company in satisfying the needs of the customers?
- How easy is it to be your customer?
- How pleasant is it to work with your company?
How is your customer experience measured?
- We conduct a poll with the customers when exiting your store or venue (or on the phone, if you have a database). An interview is not longer than 10 minutes;
- The results of the poll may be viewed immediately on the online platform, where your company has secure access.
Who needs to measure customer experience via CXI?
Companies, the staff of which interacts directly or indirectly with the customers:
- Online stores
- Travel Agencies
- Insurance companies
- Gas station networks
- Specialized Stores
- Auto Showrooms etc.
What you obtain as a result of the CXI (Customer Experience Index) survey
- A set of indicators which may be compared with the average indicator per industry, or in dynamics - with the results from the previous periods;
- Customer opinion – both positive and negative about your brand;
- Reporting on a secure online platform, to which you have access 24/24 and can follow the results live, as soon as they are collected.
How data about customer experience are used
- Motivation and remuneration of personnel: the indicators may serve as a basis for paying employees. Also when you have several subsidiaries, the indicator level generates a healthy competition between sell points;
- Development of the Marketing Strategy: find out the weak points, what the client does not like and what the strong points are – you can use them as an advantage in promotion;
- Setting performance indicators (KPI) for the team – some fixed targets which may be measured via CXI. The entire team will contribute to improving client experience.
How does employee training take place?
- Mystery Shopping evaluation is performed and the level of service is identified;
- A service standard is elaborated – a set of rules the employee must follow;
- Employee training takes place;
- A second Mystery Shopping evaluation is performed in order to see the results of training;
- New employees or those who did not master the material are trained repeatedly;
- With each training session, employees learn new information.
What do you obtain as a result of employee training?
- Your employees learn to offer ideal service;
- Your employees learn to make loyal clients, so that they also recommend you to friends;
- Your employees learn sales techniques in order to convince the client to buy more.
Who may participate in employee training?
- Employees who offer poor service;
- Employees who generate small sales;
- New employees;
- Subsidiary/shop managers.
What format does employee training take place in?
Training may be done:
- Individually with each employee or in groups of up to 20 persons;
- At the Magenta Consulting office or at your office;
- In Chisinau or raions (districts) of the republic;
- Subjects are chosen according to company interests.
The service standard represents a set of rules which describes the ideal behavior of the employees at different stages of selling.
A service standard includes rules for the employees related to:
- How to greet and approach customers;
- How to identify the product/service suitable for the customer;
- How to apply selling techniques;
- How to sell more products or a more expensive product;
- How to promote the company;
- How to answer to customer objections;
- How to create customer comfort.
How can be used a service standard?
- For training new employees;
- For elaborating trainings in service;
- For elaborating personnel evaluation tools;
- For setting employee performance indicators (KPI).
A service standard is needed in the following domains:
- Restaurants and hotels;
- Real estate companies;
- Sales on the phone;
- Customer Support Services;
- Selling banking services.
What benefits would a service standard bring?
- New employees, from the first day of work, will assimilate the rules of behavior at work;
- The employees will assimilate faster the requirements of the company;
- You will be able to evaluate the performance of employees based on clearly defined rules.
Increasing service quality is a long process. Make the first step – order a service standard now.
Why do you need a job description?
- Each employee must be informed about the tasks characterizing his/her position;
- It helps in formulating job advertisements;
- It simplifies the candidate selection process for a certain position;
- Makes the relationship employer-personnel transparent and trustworthy.
What does a job description contain?
A job description lists and describes:
- Hierarchic position of the post in the organizational structure;
- Internal and external relations;
- Performance indicators which establish employee wages;
- Performance evaluation criteria;
- Necessary skills and abilities;
- Other particularities of the job.
How the job description is applied:
- The job description is a mandatory document which is annexed to the employee contract;
- Each employee must be informed about the requirements, duties and processes his/her job involves;
- The job description is signed in 2 copies by the employer and employee.
When does the necessity to draw up a job description appear?
- When initiating a new business;
- When creating new jobs within the company;
- At company reorganization, launching new services/products;
- An existing position exceeds the limit of tasks possible to fulfill.